Celebrate Cinco de Mayo deliciously.
Cinco de Mayo commemorates the Mexican victory over French forces in The Battle of Puebla back in 1862. In the United States, Cinco de Mayo is commonly celebrated by enjoying delicious food inspired by the regional tastes of Mexico. Looking for a little recipe inspiration for this Cinco de Mayo? Then consider trying out this easy, yet incredibly delicious dish.
Mexican Chocolate Pots de Crème
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 6 oz. Mexican chocolate, preferably Ibarra
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- Unsweetened whipped cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine the whole milk with the heavy cream and bring to a simmer over moderately high heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks until combined. Slowly whisk in ½ cup of the hot milk, then transfer the mixture to the saucepan. Cook the custard over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until it is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Immediately add the finely chopped Mexican and bittersweet chocolate and remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted, then strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a large glass measuring cup or bowl.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into 6 small bowls and refrigerate until the pots de crème are chilled, at least 6 hours or overnight. Serve the pots de crème with unsweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Serve up this decadent dessert for a super sweet Cinco de Mayo. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this May? Then don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Reata Insurance Group. Our dedicated team is ready to get you the coverage that you need today.