If you have a boat, motorcycle, RV, or other summer toy, learn how you can prepare them for storage.
Once fall hits, it’s time to think about putting your summer toys into winter storage. If you have a boat, motorcycle, or RV, then there are a couple of things you need to do to prepare. Follow this guide to make sure that you summer vehicles are ready to for this year’s winter storage.
Cleaning and Repairs
1) Start by thoroughly cleaning both the interior and exterior of your summer toys.
2) Look for any damage as you clean and get the repairs you need.
3) To finish up, apply a thin layer of wax to the exterior of your summer toys. This will prevent any rusting if your toys are exposed to water while they’re in storage.
1) Remove any water from the engine and plumbing system of your boat and RV. If this water sits, it could damage your vehicle over time.
2) If there is any remaining gas in your vehicles, make sure you add some fuel stabilizer to the gas tank. Without the stabilizer, any leftover gas can corrode your engine.
3) Finally, check your vehicles’ tires for any holes or leaks. Get your tires repaired or replaced now; you want your summer toys to be ready to use as soon as your remove it from storage.
1) Make sure your storage facility offers adequate security measures.
2) Take a tour of the premises and check to make sure the units are clean, dry, and heated.
2) Look for storage facilities that let you rent space by the month. This way you only have to pay for storage when you need it.
This fall, use this step-by-step guide to make sure your summer toys are ready for winter storage. Remember, even when your toys are away for the winter, they still need protection. To get the year-round coverage you need, contact the experts at Reata Insurance Group. Our team is ready to assist you with all your insurance needs