Whip up this delicious easy ice cream for your summer festivities.
The arrival of summer means long, warm days and the need for refreshing and light food. If you’re hosting or attending a summer party this season, be sure to make this delicious (and easy!) homemade chocolate ice cream – no churner needed! Not only is this ice cream delectable, but it is healthier than most store-bought tubs. That means you and your friends can indulge guilt-free! Read on for the recipe.
- 2 14- ounce cans coconut cream
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder powder
- 14-16 ounces pitted dates (if not sticky and moist, soak in warm water for 10 minutes then drain)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-ounce espresso, cooled
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Cacao nibs
- Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add moist, pitted dates to a food processor and process until small bits remain. Then add hot water a little at a time until it forms a thick paste. Set aside.
- Without tipping the cans, scoop out the coconut cream from the cans of coconut cream, reserving the clear liquid for other uses. Place in chilled mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer, whip until creamy and smooth. Then add cocoa powder, vanilla, almond milk, and half of the date paste. Whip until fully incorporated.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined freezer-safe container and cover loosely with plastic wrap, then foil to help freeze.
- You can take this out in a couple of hours for a chilled mousse-like ice cream. Freeze overnight for a firmer ice cream.
- Set out for at least 20 minutes prior to scooping, and use a scoop warmed under hot water for a proper scoop.
- Will keep in the freezer for up to one week, but best when fresh.
This refreshing ice cream is sure to please your party! Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this July? Then don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Reata Insurance Group. Our dedicated team is ready to get you the coverage that you need today.