Celebrate National Trivia Day with this Texas trivia.
Today is National Trivia Day! In honor of this fun day, enjoy these interesting fun facts about Texas and share them with your friends and family.
1) The King Ranch, located in south Texas, is larger than the state of Rhode Island.
2) Texas is larger than any country in Western Europe.
3) Texas is the only U.S. state to have belonged to 6 different nations; Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, Confederate States, and the United States.
4) More wool is produced in Texas than in any other state.
5 The capitol in Austin opened May 16, 1888. The dome of the building is seven feet higher than the nation’s Capital in Washington, D.C. The state capitol building is also the largest in the nation in terms of gross square footage.
6) The name Texas comes from the Hasinai Indian word meaning allies or friends, and was pronounced “tejas” by the Spaniards.
7) The word’s first rodeo with prizes was held in Pecos, TX on July 4, 1883.
8) 70% of the population of Texas lives within 200 miles of Austin.
9) The Heisman trophy is named after John William Heisman, the first full-time coach and athletic director at Houston’s Rice University.
10) John Wayne and Chuck Norris are honorary Texas Rangers. The Texas Rangers are the oldest law enforcement agency in North America, and are now a division of the Texas DPS.
11)Dr Pepper was created by Charles Alderton, a Waco Pharmacist, in 1885. You can still get the original formula from the oldest working plant (1891) located in Dublin, TX. There is no period after the “Dr” in Dr Pepper.
12) After the popularity of the song “Luckenbach, Texas,” so many road signs were stolen that the government stopped making them.
Use these interesting facts about Texas to impress all your loved ones this National Trivia Day!
If you are looking for the right insurance in Texas, then turn to the professionals at Reata Insurance Group. Our dedicated team is ready to assist you with all your coverage needs. Contact us to get started today.