Calling all bacon lovers; this is the recipe for you!
Didn’t think bacon could get any better? Then you’ve clearly never tried candied bourbon bacon! Follow this recipe to learn how to make this delicious twist on everyone’s favorite pork product.
1 pound of thick cut bacon
1 cup light brown sugar
2 ounces bourbon
¼ cup maple syrup
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top.
3) Spray the cooling rack with cooking spray.
4) In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the brown sugar, bourbon, and maple syrup.
5) Cook while stirring the mixture often until things reduce and form a thick syrup. This will take approximately 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn the mixture during this step.
6) Lay the bacon on the rack so the pieces do not overlap. Spoon or brush the syrup on top of the bacon.
7) Place in the oven and bake for 13 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven and flip the bacon. Apply syrup to the uncoated side of the bacon and return to the oven for another 13 minutes.
9) If your bacon is not crunchy enough for your liking, try broiling each side for an additional minute. Once ready, allow the bacon to cool for 1 minute before removing it from the rack with tongs.
Add to a sandwich or salad for a sweet and salty twist or simply serve as is for a delectable treat. Either way this bacon will have everyone begging for more!
As you whip up this tasty treat, make sure you are taking all the necessary proper safety precautions. Remember, another way to keep your home safe is to have the right insurance coverage. To find the best coverage for your needs, contact the experts at Reata Insurance Group. Our dedicated team is ready to assist you with all your insurance needs.