How to stay safe when using ride-sharing services.
For some people, life cannot pause. If this is you, you may be driving for or using ride-sharing services such as Uber or Lyft. Because of the recent coronavirus outbreak, it’s more important than ever for you to be considerate of others when using or driving for such services. Here are a few tips to help you stay safe.
- Don’t drive if you don’t feel well. Even if you feel slightly rundown, don’t risk infecting others. Stay home and rest.
- Keep the inside of the car clean.
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces before and after every passenger. Wipe down door handles, seats, armrests, window buttons, and more.
- Temporarily stop providing water, gum, and the ability for the passenger to charge their phone. This just increases the chance of spreading germs.
- Have hand sanitizer available for you and passengers.
- Minimize the spread of germs by wearing a mask and gloves.
- Avoid touching too much while you’re in the car. If you need to open the window or door, ask the driver.
- Carry hand sanitizer and use it often.
- Never travel when you’re sick. You risk getting the driver and more passengers ill.
Are you looking for the right auto insurance? The team at Reata Insurance Group are here to help you navigate your way to a reliable insurance policy. Located in Lakeway, we help Texan business owners. Contact us today for more information.