Whip up this easy and delicious everyday lentil soup!
Everyone needs a good soup recipe in their back pocket for the days when you don’t really feel like cooking but want something nourishing fast. Since January is National Soup Month and winter is still here, we thought we’d share one of our soup recipes with you. Loaded with seasonal root vegetables, warming herbs, and nutrition, try out this delicious lentil soup recipe!
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 large carrots
- 4 stalks celery
- 3 cups yellow or red baby potatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1 cup uncooked green or brown lentils
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add water, onion, carrots, and celery. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and stir.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until slightly tender and golden brown.
- Add potatoes and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add vegetable broth and rosemary or thyme and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a rolling simmer. Then add lentils and stir. Once simmering again, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until lentils and potatoes are tender.
- Enjoy as is or with fresh bread.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days or in the freezer up to 1 month. Reheat on the stovetop and add more vegetable broth to rehydrate as needed
Did we mention it was quick and easy? Let us know if you tried this recipe!
Save time by allowing our professional team to handle your insurance needs. Contact Reata Insurance Group, serving Texas.