A patriotic sugar cookie cake fit for Fourth of July celebrations!
Whether you’re hosting a Fourth of July party or attending one, whipping up this delicious sugar cookie cake is a must. Complete with all things red, white, and blue, this patriotic cookie cake hits the spot. Check out the recipe for your Fourth of July celebrations!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup “jimmie” sprinkles (red, white, and blue preferably!)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9” round cake pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make the cookie cake: Beat coconut oil and sugar with a hand or a stand mixer until creamy. Beat in vanilla, then mix in baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Slowly mix in flour. Stir in M&Ms and sprinkles.
- Press batter into prepared pan, pressing more M&Ms onto the top as desired. Bake for 19-22 minutes or until the edges are just turning a light golden brown. It’s better to under bake this dough than over bake it. The cake will continue cooking a bit as it cools so err on the side of underdone for the best tasting cookie. Let it cool completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting: beat butter until smooth, then slowly beat in powdered sugar until crumbly. Add salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- To frost: use a 1M tip and a Ziplock or piping bag to decorate the cookie cake. Top with more sprinkles and M&Ms.
The team at Reata Insurance hope that you and your family have a safe and fun Fourth of July. While you focus on upcoming holidays, save time by allowing our professional team to handle your insurance needs. Contact Reata Insurance Group, serving all of Texas.