Curl up with a hot bowl of this delicious chili this winter!
There’s nothing like enjoying a hot bowl of spicy, hearty chili to chase away the winter blues. This month, try whipping up a batch of this southwest white chili to warm your soul and impress all your loved ones!
Southwest White Chili
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 4-oz can chopped green chilis
- 1 19-oz can white cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cilantro
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Sliced green onion
- Heat olive oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Once cooked, remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion to saucepan and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth, green chilis, and spices and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cooked chicken and beans. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with shredded cheese and green onions.
Try out this simple, delicious recipe to warm yourself up this winter. Looking for insurance this season? Then look to the professionals at Reata Insurance Group. Our dedicated team is always ready to assist with your insurance needs. Contact us to get started today.